When an issue or crisis strikes, you need 1Up Communications standing by your side and willing to fight with you in the trenches. How a business leads, manages and responds to incidents, is one of the most critical moment of truth periods that you will be judged on.
Often there are many moving parts causing an issue or crisis to be stressful and time consuming. The ultimate reputation of your business will be judged based on your organisation’s response and leadership.
A broad variety of issues – if left unaddressed – can turn into a crisis. For example, types of matters could include but not limited to:
- Litigation proceedings
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring
- Proxy contests
- Corporate white collar crime or other criminal charges
- Product recalls
- Environmental issues and product liability claims
- Government regulatory investigations
- Data breaches
- Insurance fraud
- Labour issues, such as sexual harassment, discrimination and emergency executive transitions
- Trade disputes.
Prevention is better than cure and we will always advise to have good planning in place. However, there is no way of avoiding every type of issue or crisis eventuating or being foreseen, though if handled correctly through best practice, it can lead to enhanced standing for a business.
The 1Up Communications team guides your company and executives through the maze of potential reputation issues you may encounter, in order to cement you in a stronger position than beforehand.
Time and time again, it has been proven that when it comes to reputation management and recovery, the first 72 hours are the most crucial. There is no substitute for experience; at 1Up Communications we are geared to respond immediately, anywhere and anytime. In those first 72 hours, critical decisions must be made, under the glaring spotlight of media and stakeholders.
Irrespective of the size of your business, there is seldom room for error or complacency with the manner in which you respond to developments, potentially having serious consequences to operations if ignored or miscalculated in severity.
1Up Communications specialises in ensuring delivery of the very best in protection and defence leading to favourable outcomes, with limited (if any) damage to your company’s reputation.
We have expertise in:
- Business risk analysis
- Crisis management plans, including a step-by-step preparedness plan – crisis avoidance, rapid response and recovery
- Media relations
- Social media management
- Media training and awareness
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Dispute resolution and business continuity
- Reactive rapid response consultancy in the event of an unexpected issue or crisis
- Crisis simulations – desktop, syndicate, command post exercise and live action simulations
- Design and construct crisis specific stakeholder website
- Video production
- Reviewing compliance for other areas of risk
- Pre-crisis audits and capability assessments
- Reputational risk appetite assessments
- Risk mitigation and management
- Identification of crisis triggers, vulnerabilities and alerts
- Perceptions research
- Opposition research
- Business continuity
- Issues and crisis management
- Stress testing
- Due diligence and vetting
- Issues and crisis management training exercises
- Crisis response and recovery systems
- Executive coaching in media skills
- Executive coaching in managing issues