Brand Design & Content
Memorable and effective brands need to be created with the same level of precision planning that you would put into the design and development of an award-winning house or building.
In the same way a house is not simply purchased on a colour alone – your branding cannot and should not simply be based on a campaign or colour found on a pallet. Without coherent architecture, design and development, spending money on marketing brands will simply become bogged down by costs and complexities. No more evident than if your corporate business has multiple layered brands and you are deciding on whether to brand your business and/or products together or separately.
In a digital content-driven world, content is king and largely forms your brand. Content is a window for customers to understand who you are and what you do. As a general principle, customers are not interested in you or your products and/or services; rather they are generally interested in themselves and their needs and wants.
1Up Communications are experts in designing content that is consistent in voice and look, with each interaction by stakeholders leading to your brand becoming louder and more established in the minds of your audiences, until interaction leads to customer conversion. Experience and virility of a product and/or service, needs to be designed so that your customers never want to leave your brand.
At 1Up communication we understand what drives customer and stakeholder interests; we create interesting and engaging content that captures and engages your audience – what they actually pay attention to!
We ensure content serves your customers and other stakeholders in the following ways:
- Searchable: has quality and impact, because search engines reward regular publishing.
- Shareable: obtains peer approval, because driving shares in turn boosts search ranking.
- Supportive: projecting you as an authoritative source, anticipating your stakeholders’ questions and telling them what they did not know.
- Specialist: offering niche information from your company.
- Sustainable: providing systems to generate ideas and populate within an editorial calendar.
We have expertise in:
- Corporate identity and logo design
- Brand management and company imaging
- Website design, creation and management
- Marketing material and advertising design
- Magazine and book design
- Packaging and product design
- Signage, poster and banner design
- Corporate stationary, business card and letterhead design
- Determining appropriate frequency for creation and publishing of new content
- Analysis of appropriate channel(s) usage
- Ensuring content can be repurposed and reused
- Segmenting content by audience
- Implementation of quality control and governance processes for ideas and creation
Brand Analysis & Strategy
Think of brand analysis as where you are, and your brand strategy as where you are going. A brand analysis affords your business to have clarity of direction. It is vital to know the state your brand is currently in, who your customers are, and what they are seeking; as well as being armed with a robust understanding of what your competitors are doing and how effective they are. Whereas, long-term direction and clear brand strategy is needed to connect to consumer needs, emotions and competitor environments.
At 1Up Communications, we are highly experienced at employing competitor and marketing observations to ensure your business, product or service offering is handled with the meticulous care and attention it deserves.
Rather than engaging in marketing ad hoc – with continuous reduced price offers – we work to develop a proper marketing strategy for your brand. We ensure brand strategy aligns to overall business strategy, with consideration for internal and external factors which influence business and marketing decision making.
We have brand analysis expertise in:
- Customer analysis: primary and secondary audience, key influencers, trends needed, perceptions of brand category
- Competitor analysis: market and brand position, brand promise, brand personality, strengths, weaknesses
- Current brand audit: current brand promise, brand personality, brand positioning, history, SWOT
We have brand strategy expertise in:
- Developing brand: promise and/or identity, personality, position
- Growing market position: customer, need, frame of reference, point of difference, reasons to believe
- Articulating the value proposition: functional benefits, emotional benefits, features
- Managing the brand architecture (for multiple brands)
Brand Positioning & Repositioning
Positioning is the place brands occupy in the minds of stakeholders and what distinguishes your products from your competitors. It is one of the most powerful and necessary marketing and communications concepts for a business to be successful, because once a company has a strong position, short of a crisis, it is quite challenging to reposition in the minds of stakeholders.
If you want to survive in business, you have to occupy a clear, unique and advantageous position in the minds of your consumers and other stakeholders. 1Up Communications are experts at planning and executing top brand positioning strategy, which widens the relevancy of your business and its competitive distinctiveness ultimately maximising your brand value.
To be competitive, your business must be relevant, have differentiation, and hold credibility and attainability of the brand promise. Types of issues all businesses should consider include:
- Holding a known product and/or service category;
- Knowing and understanding target market(s) and brand offerings built around meeting needs;
- Established a clear point of difference that will be delivered on; and
- Engendering a strong ability to demonstrate why consumers should believe in the brand.
At 1Up Communications we are experts in corporate positioning and repositioning of client brands in a positive light in the eyes of their stakeholders. This is incredibly diverse the area with the need to position across key areas. They include against competitors, within service/product categories, according to product benefit and attribute, along price lines, on the base of a user or a usage occasion, as a cultural symbol (strong positioning along overall strategy), consideration of segmentation, and understanding of appropriate target markets.
We have expertise in:
- Target market analysis
- Delivering key messages clearly and concisely, through integrated marketing communications
- Ensuring credibility and professionalism
- Connection on an emotional level
- Stakeholder motivation to take predetermined actions
- Solidifying user loyalty, customer retention and longevity
- Competitive positioning strategy, including with advertisements, sales locations, pricing, product and/or service category
- Corporate positioning audits
- Entering new or foreign markets
- Organisational communication
- Financial communication
- Communication training
- Presentation skills
- Leadership coaching
- Employee engagement
- Repositioning businesses and their brands
- Competitor tracking and analysis
- Issues and crisis management strategy